BMW has just pulled the covers off their fastest ever production car, the limited 2016 BMW M4 GTS. It is a track-focused car with 493 horses under the hood and has recently recorded a time of 7 minutes and 28 seconds around the Nurburgring which makes it almost 30 seconds faster than the standard M4. As usual with a heavy press release, I am just going to pick out the special points to share about this rather special car.
- Limited to 700 units (US is getting 300 units)
- Water Injection System provides power boost
- OLED tail lamps
- S55 twin-turbo six produces 493 horses and 600 Nm of torque
- Launch control allows the car to hit 100 km/h in just 3.8 seconds
- Top speed is 305 km/h
- 80 kg lighter than the standard M4
- Rear seats removed, carbon for the hood and front and rear spoilers
- Three-way adjustable M coilover suspension
- Huge rear wing
- Active M slip differential
- Roll bar fitment
- Racing bucket seats with six-point harness
Four colors will be available for the exterior, including Sapphire Black metallic, Mineral Grey metallic, Alpine White and Frozen Dark Grey Metallic paint finish. I am guessing these will likely be sold out before the end of the week so if you want one, open up that wallet and head to your nearest BMW dealer now!