McLaren’s 570GT Is Here With Marginally More Luggage Space
We knew it was coming but now thanks to some official pictures and information we can stop wondering what it will look like.
- Glass panel on rear gives access to fractionally more luggage space
- “most luxurious and refined McLaren” to date
- Likely to become brands highest volume model (goes on sale later this year)
- Standard glass roof making cabin feel lighter and more spacious than the 570S
- Engine and gearbox are identical to the 570S (419 kW from the 3.8-litre twin-turbo V8)
- Weighs 1350kg (35kg increase over the 570S) – due to iron brakes
- Fractionally slower – 0 to 100 km/h takes 3.4 seconds (3.2 for 570S)
- Steering ratio has been wound back to help with stability at high cruising speeds
- Pricing will be fairly close
In the UK the GT is only slightly more expensive than the 570S but with much of that difference coming from the GT’s more generous standard equipment levels. It will obviously as sharp around a track but the extra space makes it more practical and relaxed.