After getting an extensive press release on the new Discovery, I thought it would be better to give you a summary of what the all-new, three-row seven-seat Discovery is about.
- Lightweight aluminium construction saves 480kg in weight
- Premium interior with seven full-sized adult seats
- Seats can be configured using your smart phone
- Semi-autonomous driving and towing tech
- 3G & WiFi hotspot for up to 8 devices
- Best-in-class 3500kg towing capacity
- There will be 600 ‘First Edition’ models made available to UK buyers
- Rest of the range comprises of S, SE, HSE and HSE Luxury models, with an optional Black Design Pack
For the rest of the tech talk and performance fgures head to the press release but for the time being, let’s talk about the look of the thing. I mean what is up with that rear end? It looks like a bread loaf with an offset number plate from the back. Direct from the front it looks sleek, modern and stylish but the side profile and pretty much any other angle is a huge miss. What do you all think?