Truck or Car: Which One Should You Buy?
For people who have a long job commute, a car can be an essential tool in their arsenal. Cars offer great transportation convenience to individuals who are always on the move. The numerous makes and models on the market ensure all preferences and budgets are catered to. Unfortunately, not everyone goes to the showroom knowing exactly what to buy. Most buyers will be torn between choices; Some won’t know whether to purchase a car or a truck. Read on to learn more about both of these options.
Why you should buy a car
When it comes to vehicle types, cars arguably have the widest spectrum of options. There are sedans, sports-coupes, convertibles, supercars, and hybrids, all with different price ranges and sporting special features. That said, all cars have certain features that set them apart from (and perhaps give them the edge on) trucks, depending on what the driver wants. Here are some of the benefits of owning a car:
- Ease of use: Most city roads are built for cars, not trucks. Their compact nature and low ground clearance in particular make them easy to handle on heavy-traffic roads.
- Lower risk of an accident: Larger vehicles naturally have a higher chance of being involved in accidents than cars. Their damages and injuries are also more severe, which is why semi-truck compensation claims are relatively complicated according to this resource from Burch Law Firm. Pickup trucks may not be as hazardous on the road as cargo trucks, but they are certainly more accident-prone than cars.
- Fuel economy: Cars consume less fuel than trucks due to their smaller engines.
- Affordability: Some cars may be more expensive to purchase and maintain than trucks, but on average, cars are cheaper.
- Privacy: Cars provide more privacy and security for the owner and their belongings. Trucks expose luggage to thieves and weather elements, putting you at an increased risk for loss.
Why you should buy a truck
Conversely, here are some of the benefits that may make you consider a truck over a car:
- Engine power: Trucks have more powerful engines than cars, making them more suitable for off-road trips and heavy luggage transportation.
- Versatility: You can drive your truck to work and, on weekends, to your farm or a remote campsite or lake for fishing. If you are going to use your vehicle for activities other than maneuvering city streets, then a truck would prove more useful.
- Storage bed: The storage bed at the back of a truck serves the same purpose as a sedan or SUV’s trunk, but it is better suited for storing heavy objects.
- Durability: Trucks are built for off-road drives and are fitted with studier bodies that can sustain less damage in accidents.
It is impossible to conclude which vehicle is better without considering the driver’s needs. If you prioritize convenience, ease of usage, variety, fuel economy, privacy, and price, you may opt to get a car. But if you are eyeing versatility and those off-road capabilities, then a truck will give you better value for your money.