Chinese automaker, Techrules, has just unveiled the Ren which is also their first production model. The very exotic looking machine is available in three configurations, with two, four, and six electric motors, and a patented diesel-fueled turbine (TREV) charging system. Instead of giving you long-winded explanations as to how this works, let me share some mind-blowing numbers about this ground-breaking machine.
- Official output is 1287 hp and 2340Nm of torque (range-topping version)
- This uses two electric motors at the front and four at the rear
- 0-100km/h dealt with in just 2.5 seconds; top speed stands at 320 km/h
- Three battery packs (14 kWh, 25 kWh and 32 kWh) provide the power
- They can be charged to 80% in less than 15 minutes using DC fast charger
The styling is VERY far out but we love the ‘McLaren F1’ style 3-cockpit with fighter jet style canopy.
Techrules estimates that production will commence next year, and a limited run of 96 examples will be hand-built in Italy, but in no more than 10 units annually. Pricing has yet to be revealed, but it will likely be absolutely staggering (7 digits wont be a bad guess).