Leak after leak and rumor after rumor the McLaren 720S is most definitely hotly-anticipated reveals at this years Geneva Motor Show but now we finally have the official shots and information from the British manufacturer.
As you would expect, it is built around a carbon monocoque with a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 nestled in there capable of pushing out 710 horsepower. This allows the new Super Series machine to hit 100km/h from standstill in just 2.9 seconds and go all the way to 340km/h. Other notable features are;
- Dry weight of 1282 kg
- Special ‘Welcome Sequence’ when unlocking the car*
- Variable Drift Control system
- Quick-shifting seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox
- Precise electro-hydraulic power steering
- Carbon-ceramic brakes
- Magnetorheological damper that does away with traditional anti-roll bars
The whole car is enveloped in fresh aluminum bodywork showing off a new design language which has created a divide among the McLaren fans. Personally the new headlight design does not suit the car but I have been told by multiple people that it looks outstanding in person so I will wait to see one when it arrives in South Africa.