Spyker has been around for a while now but they surprised everyone at the Geneva Motor Show with an all-new C8 Preliator Spyder with engines being supplied by Koenigsegg.
The 5.0-litre V8 has been developed specifically to meet the Dutch company’s needs and will be installed in both versions (Coupe and Spyder) of the supercar.
“I have known Victor and Spyker for way over a decade, and we obviously share the passion for handcrafted and bespoke automobiles”, said Christian von Koenigsegg. “It gives us great pleasure to work with Spyker to design and produce an engine specifically for them that will suit the handcrafted, luxurious, and high-performance nature of all Spyker cars. In terms of performance, the introduction of our light, responsive, and powerful engine will transform the driving experience of the Preliator.”
- V8 is naturally aspirated and is pushing out 592 horses and 600 Nm of torque
- Six-speed manual gearbox
- 0 to 100km/h in just 3.6 seconds with a top speed of 322km/h
- Semi-automatic electric/hydraulic-operated canvas soft-top
- Will be offered as standard with a premium sound system
- Digital DAB+ radio, Bluetooth, Apple CarPlay, gesture controlled head-up display
- Only 100 units will be made, and each one will retail from $429,000without options and taxes