The Upcoming BMW M5 Will Pack 600 Horses And Four-Wheel Drive
Ok so the BMW M5 has been a rear-wheel drive car for a whopping 32 years now but the Bavarian giant is about to change things up. The new BMW M5 is due this year and will arrive standard with all-wheel drive and a boat load of power!
The super-saloon is set to run a reworked version of the outgoing fifth-generation model’s twin-turbocharged V8 petrol engine, producing upwards of 592 hp, along with a standard eight-speed automatic gearbox. Senior officials at BMW are claiming that not only is it the fastest accelerating model but also the most powerful M5 yet. So what are some of the juicy details on this highly anticipated machine?
- Re-engineered body structure with a number of weight-saving initiatives
- Possibly weigh close to the 1870kg of its predecessor despite inclusion of four-wheel drive
- Eight-speed torque-converter automatic gearbox
- M Dynamic mode delivers 100% of drive to the rear wheels
- It should at least match the 3.5 second sprint time of the new E63 S