Just yesterday we were shown a teaser of the M4 CS by BMW and today we have the full official release of the new M car before it debuts at the Shanghai Auto Show.
I thought the M3/M4 Competition Pack was the Bimmer to take to the track but alas here is a new toy that bridges the gap between this and the crazy M4 GTS. So what is this 454 horsepower track weapon all about?
- No water injection from M4 GTS
- 0 to 100km/h takes 3.9 seconds with a top speed of 280km/h
- 7-speed dual-clutch transmission offering only
- Suspension setup largely same as the Competition Pack (which is excellent)
- The adaptive dampers are tuned for performance on and off track
- New 763M wheels measuring 19 inches in the front, 20 out back
The exterior styling is tweaked as expected and the front and rear splitters, rear spoiler, hood and roof are all made from carbon to help save some weight. Inside you get a lot of Alcantara to remind you that you are in something a little bit special.
The upgraded hardware and tinkering on the M4 CS allows it to run a 7:38 around The ‘Ring which is just 10 seconds slower than the mighty M4 GTS.
The BMW M4 CS should arrive in South Africa in the third quarter of this year but if the pricing is a little rich then you may want to wait as BMW has also officially confirmed that there will be more CS-branded models coming your way soon. Hint hint: BMW M2 CS.