The arrival of the new generation BMW 5 Series is imminent and the highlight or most anticipated model of the range is of course the super saloon known as the M5. The F90 M5 will likely debut in Paris in September and this is what you need to know.
- 100 kg weight loss thanks to the inclusion of exotic materials such as high strength steels or carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP)
- Updated V8 TwinTurbo unit which sources are saying 620 hp figure is definitely achievable
- xDrive all-wheel drive system with rear bias (optional)
- Same M-dual-clutch transmission in current M5
- Safety and tech features will be in line with the new 7 Series
- Laser lights will be optional
- OLED taillights will be standard