Close Menu
Zero2Turbo
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
    Zero2Turbo
    • Home
    • Contact
    • Videos
      Featured

      Bentley Owners Can Design Their Own Animated Welcome Lamp

      By Zero2TurboNovember 20, 2025
      Recent

      Bentley Owners Can Design Their Own Animated Welcome Lamp

      November 20, 2025

      Limited Bentley Continental Supersports Revealed Packing 657 HP (490 kW)

      November 14, 2025

      Audi Spotted Testing The Rumoured RS3 GT

      November 12, 2025
    • South Africa
    • Zero2Turbo Telegram
    Zero2Turbo
    Home»News»Gayton McKenzie Says Crucial Kyalami Formula 1 Meeting To Take Place
    News

    Gayton McKenzie Says Crucial Kyalami Formula 1 Meeting To Take Place

    "It can't be called the World Championship if it misses an entire continent."
    By Zero2TurboJuly 15, 2025No Comments
    Facebook Email Twitter LinkedIn Telegram WhatsApp
    Share
    Facebook Email Twitter LinkedIn WhatsApp Telegram

    The last time this topic reared its head was when we were informed that Kyalami was given the green light by the FIA to upgrade the circuit to Grade 1 status in the hopes of having the pinnacle of motor racing return to South Africa.

    Our Minister of Sports, Arts and Culture of South Africa, Gayton McKenzie, has been a strong driving force behind the scenes, and today in parliament, he confirmed that although they have had “multiple meetings with the management of F1”, there is a “crucial one happening in the next two weeks.”

    “To those who say the country can’t afford to host the F1, I’m saying the country can’t afford not to host the F1”, he added.

    McKenzie did mention that, unlike other big events like the FIFA World Cup, “government will not be expected to pay”. He made specific mentions of the likes of MTN, Multichoice and Heineken as companies that have “raised their hands” and will be present in the aforementioned meeting taking place towards the end of the month.

    He concluded by saying, “Those who are saying Formula 1 is not important should consider the countries who are holding on to [their] F1 spots on the calendar. They see the value in it, and it can’t be called the World Championship if it misses an entire continent.”

    As mentioned in the middle of last month, the proposed upgrades for FIA Grade 1 status will not alter the current layout but will focus on improvements to run-off zones, barrier technology, debris fencing, kerbing, and drainage systems.

    Kyalami did confirm that the execution of certain elements will depend on South Africa’s successful inclusion on the Formula 1 calendar and Kyalami being chosen as the host venue.

    Watch the clip below, which starts at the 6-minute mark.

    Formula 1 Kyalami
    Share. Facebook Email Twitter LinkedIn WhatsApp Telegram
    Previous ArticleAston Martin DBX S Quickly Steals Goodwood Record From Bentley
    Next Article 2011 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 Sold For Record Breaking R22 Million

    Related Posts

    Audi Shares First Images Of Future F1 Car

    November 13, 2025

    1991 Ayrton Senna F1 Car Could Fetch Over R250 Million

    November 4, 2025

    South Africa Formula 1 Bid Being Described As ‘Chaotic and Without Substance’

    August 5, 2025

    FIA Gives Green Light To Kyalami Grade 1 Status Upgrades To Host Formula 1

    June 18, 2025

    Red Bull Heir Buys Ecclestone F1 Collection For Over R11 Billion

    March 10, 2025

    Kyalami Formula 1 Committee To Be Announced Tomorrow

    December 17, 2024
    Popular Posts
    • Ferrari Drops Fabric Top Of 612 HP (456 kW) Roma Spider
    • Share And Share Alike: How To Drive Next To Trucks
    • BMW M Boss Claims First EV “Will Beat Everything You’ve Ever Seen”
    • How to Unlock a Car Door When You Locked Yourself Out?
    • Lamborghini Gallardo Nova Wrecked in China by Journalist

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube RSS
    Designed by Zero2Turbo.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.