There were rumors flying around about a reborn McLaren F1 and according to one of their top clients, the decision to go ahead with it has been confirmed. McLaren CEO, Mike Flewitt, confirming certain details of the car.
- Like the F1, just 106 units are slated for production
- Referred to internally as the hyper-GT
- A hybrid powerplant (one of most powerful McLaren’s ever built)
- Three-seat layout with dihedral doors
- Exquisitely designed and built for long journeys
- No Spider or Track versions
- First deliveries will be in 2019
- MSO will do the building
- Cars will be hugely customizable
Look out for an official announcement this week.