BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo Is Much Better Looking Than the 5
We saw some leaked shots late yesterday of the new 6 Series GT but now we have all the official information including photo’s and video.
The initial feeling is that the designers have made enough changes to make it a lot less ugly and from the front it is actually rather attractive. What has changed and what is new from the 5?
- Car is longer at 5,091mm but lower by 21mm
- The horrific tailgate from the 5 has been lowered by 64mm (good work)
- Larger grille flanked by LED headlights as standard
- Frameless windows
- Wraparound taillights with 3D styling elements
- Freestanding 10.25-inch iDrive display (voice and gesture control)
- Semi-autonomous driving is an optional extra
Under the hood you have the option of three different engines.
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder that produces 190 kW and 400 Nm of torque
- 0 to 100 km/h in 6.3 seconds
- 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine that produces 250 kW and 450 Nm of torque
- 0 to 100 km/h in 5.3 seconds (when equipped with xDrive)
- 3.0-liter six-cylinder that produces 195 kW and 620 Nm of torque
- 0 to 100 km/h in 6.0 seconds with AWD
The car will be arriving in South Africa in November but we will not be offered the 630i.