Honda’s (Acura) highly anticipated NSX hybrid supercar has been revealed in final production guise and performance figures look promising.
- 3.5-litre twin-turbo V6 pumping out 500 horses and 550 Nm
- Rear assist motor provides 47 hp of additional boost
- Dual-cluth 9-speed gearbox
- 0 to 100 km/h in 3.1 seconds
- Top speed of 307 km/h
- Tips scales at a rather heavy 1,725 kg
It will go on sale next year as a 2017 model and the price tag is estimated to be around $170,000 before you add any additional equipment. I really think the South African market will lap this up as we did not receive the highly desirable previous generation NSX and this is a proper performance machine. I would think that the price in South Africa would be in the region of R2.5 million which makes it rather pricey but it does have that i8 futuristic attraction factor to help sell the vehicle.