The 2016 Goodwood FoS is around the corner which means the world premiere for the McLaren 570S Sprint is too. It is obviously based on the 570S Coupe but the track-only Sprint is the most hardcore model yet in the Sports Series lineup. It features the familiar 3.8-litre mid-mounted twin-turbo V8 engine, mated to a 7-speed SSG transmission. No performance number have been released yet but McLaren mentioned that power and torque have been optimized “to ensure the ultimate levels of driver engagement and the best levels of noise”. Since the name has the 570S moniker in it, we doubt that power output has changed though. So what does it get that the road car does not have?
- Center-locking lightweight magnesium wheels wrapped in Pirelli racing slicks
- Motorsport air jacking system (option)
- Enhanced cooling through a front center GT3-inspired high-temp radiator
- More aggressive front splitter
- “air piercing” front bumper
- carbon fibre front dive planes and large fixed rear wing
- Stripped out and features an FIA-approved rollcage
- Six-point racing harness
- fire extinguisher system
- optionally equipped with a passenger seat
Prices will start from £148,000 ($217,330) in the United Kingdom and customer deliveries will commence in 2017.