Porsche’s New Mid-Engined 911 RSR Le Mans Racer Looks Epic
Porsche has finally unveiled their new track weapon for the 2017 racing season and it is everything you would expect from such a powerhouse in racing. What do you need to know?
- Lightweight package
- Complies with FIA’s Le Mans 24 Hours GT regulations
- Features an ultra-modern flat six placed in front of the rear axle
- In other words the RSR is distinguished by a mid-engine layout
- 4.0-litre naturally aspirated powerplant boasting 502 hp
- Six-speed gearbox has a magnesium housing
Absolutely everything on the new 911 RSR is new, as the suspension, body structure, aerodynamics, engine, and transmission have all been developed from scratch.
“While retaining the typical 911 design, this is the biggest evolution by now in the history of our top GT model,” says Head of Porsche Motorsport Dr. Frank-Steffen Walliser.