Jeep Reveals Most Powerful Production SUV With The Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
Jeep has finally taken the covers off the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk and it instantly becomes the world’s most powerful series production SUV and the fastest currently available.
The Hellcat-powered Jeep pumps out 707 bhp and can get to 100 km/h from standstill in just 3.6 seconds. This means it waves bye bye to the Bentley Bentayga by half a second over this sprint.
Under the hood sits a 6.2-litre supercharged V8 that is shared with the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat and is capable of taking the SUV to a 290 km/h top speed.
- 8-speed automatic transmission sends drive to all four wheels
- Electronic limited-slip differential and beefed up rear axle work with the launch control to enable its incredible acceleration.
- Brembo brakes (400mm front, 350mm rear) that work with six and four-piston calipers respectively
- It sits on Bilstein adaptive dampers that can be adjusted through five drive modes
- 20-inch alloy wheels with 295-width Pirelli tyres
Considering it packs over 700 horses, you would expect it to show some muscle in the cosmetic department. Well it does thanks to some thick bumpers, roof spoiler and some sports quad exhausts.
The interior is covered in leather where the center piece id a 8.4-inch touchscreen that includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard.
The Trackhawk is currently not confirmed for South Africa but we have reached out to the relevant individuals to find out if there is a possibility.