What do we think when we hear car brands such as Ferrari or Lamborghini? Of course, an image of a luxury car with exquisite interior fittings, a sexy and sleek appearance, and powerful sports engines come to our minds. These are basically expensive dream machines that are everyone’s dream but the reality for a few.
Recently, there has been hype in the automotive industry regarding Lamborghini’s unbelievable cross-over with a utility vehicle. Luxury sports cars are a big market, but the business models for such super luxury cars are quite limited compared to the usual road cars. Hence, Lamborghini surprised its worshipers by introducing the best cross-over in the automotive industry so far: a supersport utility vehicle!
Lamborghini Urus – a Super Sport Utility Vehicle
There is nothing more exciting than having a Lamborghini to run on the roads with all the suitable features of an SUV. Lamborghini Urus was announced in December 2017 and was put for sale in the early months of 2018. Since then, these Lambofied SUV makers have not looked back, and an update is released every year.
Key Features of the Lamborghini Urus – An Overview
- It is the most flamboyant SUV available on the market. Although it comes in many colors, the most iconic yellow Lambo color is the best.
- This supersport luxury brand has done everything under the sun to scale up the supercar to match the SUV’s proportions. It has impressive sleek slashes and angles that complement the steep roofline. The overall vibe of this super sport utility car is shark-attack which is meant to make anyone excited.
- The exterior of the Lamborghini Urus is as impressive as the interiors. It gives off the movie Tron vibes as the front end looks jaw-dropping awesome.
- The most remarkable feature of this outstanding vehicle is that the air suspension can raise or lower the car, implying it can perform exceptionally well on the road and the track.
- Since it is a cross-over between a supersport luxury car and a utility vehicle, assessing the cargo capacity is mandatory. Lamborghini Urus has a remarkable capacity of 22 cubic feet if you raise the rear seats.
- The machine powering this lord of the road and track is a 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine. It powers the car with 641 horsepower and produces about 627 pound-feet of torque.
- The fuel consumption of this monster machine is 12 mpg in the city and 17 on the highway.
- One of the many impressive features of this best combo of a sport luxury car and a utility vehicle is its 8-speed transmission to the all-wheel-drive system. It puts the rear wheels in sport modes but supports all of the wheels together when the conditions are rough. You can also control the rear wheels only with the Urus’ rear-wheel steering mechanism.
- The “Nero Ade” interior of Lamborghini Urus is another world of luxury, inspired a tad bit by Lambo’s sibling from another mother, Audi, by VW Group. However, the hexagonal air ducts on the dashboard are classic Lambo.
- The Lambo rear seats are another great indication of Lamborghini’s determination to make this cross-over successful. The seats are snug and more like two extra front seats fitted at the back with well-bolstered material and design.
- There is an anima selector near the steering wheel wrapped in stitched perforated leather. You can choose from the various drive modes, the one that suits your journey. Strada is for everyday driving, Sport is for thrilling high-speed fun, Corsa is for the serious fun, Sabbia is the one you have to choose while driving in the sand, Terra is for all the rocky routes, and Neve is for wet conditions.
- The Urus has two-screen infotainment and climate control interface similar to that of an Audi.
- The audio system on this super sport utility vehicle might seem a little daunting at a glance, but it matches the driver-assisted features and costs about $6,300.
More about Lamborghini Urus
Lamborghini Urus is on sale for about a quarter of one million dollars. Its 2022 version is awarded as the quickest SUV ever manufactured. On the surface, what makes Urus stand out compared to the Aventador or Huracan include the presence of two plush and sleek backseats, a spacious trunk for cargo, and the ability to tow. It is easily the boss of every hauler existing on the planet.
Engine, Power Transmission, and Performance
Nothing about Lamborghini Urus is ordinary or common. It has a twin-turbo V8 that can produce up to 641 HP is the quickest mammoth of a machine when idle. However, the moment you turn it on, you can hear it howl like a wild beast that can transport you anywhere, with speed rocketing up to 60 mph in 3.1 seconds.
The estimated top speed of Urus is 190 mph. You can call it a supersport vehicle tamed to play a luxurious SUV that can tear up a quarter of a mile in 11.3 seconds at 121 mph. It gives the most athletic feel while driving as it comes with a quick steering wheel and an impressively stable high-speed cornering.
Besides the driving specs that make Urus stand out from the usual crowd, the standard carbon-ceramic brakes blow drivers’ minds. The Urus can stop from 70 mph to a distance of 149 feet. Imagine the power its drivers hold!
Plush Interior with a Classic Lambo Cabin
The interior of this super sport utility vehicle is as inviting as a cosy plane cabin. The start button of this mighty vehicle is beneath a red flip switch, and the shifter looks throttle of a jet. The controls on the dashboard and the overall feel of the front seats give you a jet cabin vibe, and the several driving modes allow you to sit back comfortably and enjoy the ride.
This Lambo SUV is fully loaded with several driver-safety options in compliance with National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). It is equipped with standard adaptive cruise control and high-efficiency stop-and-go technology.
The standard blind-spot monitoring also keeps the driver informed about the vehicles towing at the rear bumper without looking in the rear mirrors. It also has the feature assisting self-parking in the available spots.
Lamborghini Urus is a supersport utility car that is every bit of a Lamborghini of your dream. However, it might be overpriced for some first-time SUV buyers. The mammoth of an engine on this super sport utility vehicle is ferocious. You can hear it howl and hit the top gear without crossing the permissible legal speed limit.