Aston Martin V12 Vantage S Now Comes With 7-Speed Manual
Aston Martin has just revealed an upgraded Vantage line-up which includes most importantly a seven-speed manual gearbox in the V12 Vantage S (Coupe and Roadster). It is being billed as the ultimate analogue supercar and this is what you need to know;
- 4kg lighter than automatic sibling
- 0 to 100 km/h time of 3.9 seconds
- Top speed of 328 km/h
- Seven-speed box has a ‘dogleg’ first geat and AMSHIFT
- AMSHIFT uses clutch, gear position and propshaft sensors to mimic heel-and-toe downshifts
- Set to cost the same as the automatic version – from £138,000
- First deliveries due in September
The V12 Vantage S also receives a new Sport-Plus Pack option with exterior and interior tweaks, including the choice of five body colours and optional accent colours to the grille surround, side sills, mirror caps and rear diffuser, as well as 10-spoke graphite-finish alloy wheels.
Aston Martin has also reduced the Vantage line-up from four to two by dropping the non-S models, leaving just the V8 Vantage S coupé and roadster variants.