Infamous Italian styling house Zagato are back with a new Aston Martin Vanquish Coupe inspired by the Aston Martin Vulcan, One-77 and CC-100.
What you see below is Zagato’s lastest car in a line of collaborations between Aston and themselves and it is set for a public debut tomorrow at the Villa d’Este concours d’elegance in Italy. What you need to know;
- Bodywork entirely cabon fibre (large pieces to reduce panel lines)
- Wraparound glasshouse with ‘double-bubble’ roof
- Wing mirrors inspired by the One-77
- Sculpted rear-end similar to the DB11
- Retractable spoiler
- Rear lights incorporate the ‘bladed’ LED technology seen on the Vulcan
Andrea Zagato said the new car, “represents the essence of an important design relationship that dates back over fifty years”. The concept also features some dynamic tweaks: the naturally aspirated 5.9-litre V12 engine has been uprated from 568hp in the standard Vanquish to 591hp. The cars dampers have also been retuned to improve and sharpen the handling.