Staying on the McLaren topic, according to Autocar (once again), McLaren will introduce 15 new models in just six years including hybrids, track specials and a replacement for the 650S. They are estimating that they will double their turnover, invest £1 billion on R&D and launch 15 new models over the next six years. So what could this mean?
- All cars will fall under either; Sports, Super or Ultimate Series
- LT could become track-focused sub-brand
- Plan encompasses fully electric car as an Ultimate Series model
- By 2022, at least half of McLaren’s models will feature hybrid technology
- An extra-hardcore LT model for the Sport Series is very much in the product plan