It was only a matter of time until Mercedes shoved their 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 under the hood of the GLC and GLC Coupe.
So what do we get exactly? The Mercedes-AMG GLC 63 4MATIC+ and GLC 63 4MATIC+ Coupé are taking aim at the future BMW X3M and the current Porshe Macan Turbo. The 469hp option can be selected with either the GLC63 SUV or the GLC63 Coupe and you have the option of choosing the more potent ‘S’ model pushing out 503 horses for both bodystyles.
- All models come with AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 9-speed transmission featuring a start-off wet clutch
- 0 to 100 km/h in just 4.0 seconds (GLC63 SUV or the GLC63 Coupe)
- 0 to 100 km/h in just 3.8 seconds (GLC63 S SUV or the GLC63 S Coupe)
- Top speed of 250 km/h on all models
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT drive programs “Comfort,” “Sport,” “Sport+” and “Individual”
- GLC 63 Coupe models offering an addition “Race” mode
- AMG suspension system featuring fully-supporting multi-chamber air springs
- Typical AMG styling
All three models get AMG-specific front and rear bumpers, a roof spoiler and a performance exhaust with quad pipes. There are some pretty pricey options too when it comes to spec’ing your new German machine. You can get forged, staggered fitment wheels, an exterior carbon package, and an exhaust system with a flap control at the push of a button among others.
As you would expect, there is also an Edition 1 for the early birds. It’s available in standard or S form on both bodystyles, and adds high-gloss black detailing, yellow or grey sport stripes, matte black 21-inch alloy wheels and an aero package. Inside, the Edition 1 offers nappa leather seats with yellow detailing, plus AMG trim in either carbon fibre or brushed aluminium.