After two sets of leaked images today we have the official release and details from BMW themselves. So in summary what do you need to know?
- Designed to preview the 8-Series Coupe which will be launched next year
- The concept is a “luxurious sports car which embodies both unadulterated dynamics and modern luxury.”
- Carbon fibre splitter and diffuser
- Laser headlights
- New colour called Barcelona Grey Liquid
- The interior adopts a minimalist design
Unfortunately BMW did not make mention of what is sitting under that swooping hood but the rumors doing the rounds indicate it will be equipped with a turbocharged 3.0-litre six-cylinder engine, a turbocharged 4.4-litre V8, and the turbocharged 6.6-liter V12 from the M760Li xDrive.
BMW Chairman, Mr. Harald Krüger, thinks The forthcoming BMW 8-Series Coupe will demonstrate that razor-sharp dynamics and modern luxury can go hand-in-hand. This will be the next model in the expansion of our luxury-car offering and will raise the benchmark for coupes in the segment. In the process, we will strengthen our claim to leadership in the luxury class.”