Ford Focus RS New Option Pack Includes Limited-Slip Diff
This is quite fitting since I am getting the Focus RS on test tomorrow but Ford has turned it up a notch with the introduction of a new ‘Option Pack’ for it’s hot hatch.
We all know it is a serious driver’s car but Ford thinks the new Option Pack fettled car will go down a storm with fans and enthusiasts.
The party piece is the addition of a mechanical limited-slip diff (LSD) from Quaife which has the job of distributing torque between the two front wheels. Ford says that the new LSD will deliver extra traction, so drivers can maximise acceleration at the exit of the corner. The Focus RS Option Pack thanks to a few cosmetic tweaks too;
- Nitrous Blue paint is standard
- Roof and mirror caps are finished in matte black
- Spoiler is also finished in matte black but gains blue RS logos
- 19-inch black alloys get RS centre caps
- Brake calipers painted blue
- Recaro seats gain Nitrous Blue leather updates
The Option Pack should make it’s way to South Africa as the Focus RS is one of their [Ford] ‘Global Performance’ models.