Close Menu
Zero2Turbo
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram RSS
    Zero2Turbo
    • Home
    • Contact
    • Videos
      Featured

      BYD Yangwang U9 Track Edition Is Unofficially The Fastest EV In The World

      By Zero2TurboAugust 26, 2025
      Recent

      BYD Yangwang U9 Track Edition Is Unofficially The Fastest EV In The World

      August 26, 2025

      Ford SuperVan Beats Mustang GTD At The ‘Ring

      August 19, 2025

      Tailor Made Ferrari Daytona SP3 Sold For Over R450 Million At Auction

      August 18, 2025
    • South Africa
    • Zero2Turbo Telegram
    Zero2Turbo
    Home»News»Report: South African Formula 1 Abandoned Due To Political Barriers
    News

    Report: South African Formula 1 Abandoned Due To Political Barriers

    By Zero2TurboJune 6, 2023No Comments
    Facebook Email Twitter LinkedIn Telegram WhatsApp
    Share
    Facebook Email Twitter LinkedIn WhatsApp Telegram

    RacingNews365.com dropped quite the bombshell this morning with a report claiming that plans to revive a South African Grand Prix at Kyalami have been abandoned.

    The events’ hopes were boosted when 777 (a sports investment company in Miami) got on board but apparently, a decision has been made to abandon plans for a South African GP in the near future due to political reasons.

    According to sources, the decision was taken because South Africa has aligned closely with Russia.

    F1 would not comment on the rumours, but the decision will likely provide Spa-Francorchamps a reprieve and see the Belgian Grand Prix remain on the calendar for at least another year.

    South Africa’s governance and its alignment with President Putin’s regime have proven to be an unexpected roadblock despite terms close to being finalised between 777 and F1.

    The publication continues to state that a venue hire had been agreed upon with Kyalami renting out its facilities to 777 but unfortunately, a formal signature was not forthcoming.

    A South African GP has therefore been deemed untenable in the near future, signalling a reprieve for Spa.

    Formula 1
    Share. Facebook Email Twitter LinkedIn WhatsApp Telegram
    Previous ArticleCar Hire Fortitude Valley: Your Ultimate Guide
    Next Article Alpha-N Ramp Up BMW M2 Styling With Wild Packages

    Related Posts

    South Africa Formula 1 Bid Being Described As ‘Chaotic and Without Substance’

    August 5, 2025

    Gayton McKenzie Says Crucial Kyalami Formula 1 Meeting To Take Place

    July 15, 2025

    FIA Gives Green Light To Kyalami Grade 1 Status Upgrades To Host Formula 1

    June 18, 2025

    Red Bull Heir Buys Ecclestone F1 Collection For Over R11 Billion

    March 10, 2025

    Kyalami Formula 1 Committee To Be Announced Tomorrow

    December 17, 2024

    Gayton McKenzie Says Kyalami Formula 1 “Is Going To Happen, It’s Coming Here”

    December 9, 2024
    Popular Posts
    • Hamann Release Images Of Their BMW M4 Aero Kit
    • Start Your Day With Pagani Huayra R Screaming at Monza
    • Mighty and Menacing TECHART GTstreet R Coming To South Africa
    • Is Deadmau5 Going To Wrap His Ferrari 458 Spider in Nyan Cat Theme?
    • A Step-by-Step Guide to Cleaning Your Engine

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram YouTube RSS
    Designed by Zero2Turbo.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.