The new Peugeot 308 GTi hot hatch has been unveiled ahead of its formal debut at the Goodwood Festival of Speed next week. I do not boring you with lengthy press releases, so I am going to give you bullet points on the new hit little number from the French.
- Two power outputs to choose; 247hp and 266hp
- Powered by 1.6-litre THP S&S turbocharged engine
- Manual six-speed transmission
- Range-topping model will have a Torsen limited-slip differential
- 0 to 100 km/h in 6.0 seconds and electronically limited to 250 km/h
- Fuel economy is a claimed 6l/100km
- Sits 11mm closer to the ground
- Comes with 18 or 19 inch Diamant / Carbone alloys
- Will be offered in an exclusive “Coupe Franche” two-tone design combining the new “Ultimate Red” color with Nera Black
- Red stitching inside the car
- Bucket seats (270 model)
From a styling point of view, the new 308 GTi adopts an understated look, but trained eyes will no doubt detect exclusive details such as the full LED headlights, new black radiator grille with a horizontal chequered pattern and gloss-black finishing, red lettering for the Peugeot logo, sharper side sills, gloss black rear diffuser integrating the twin exhaust pipes, as well as GTi logos on the front fenders and tailgate.