The Aston Martin Vantage GT8 Is Officially The Best Looking Aston Out There
I had a feeling this car was going to look good but in this spec, it just became the best looking Aston Martin out there. Introducing the Vantage GT8, the lightest and most track-focused version of its V8-powered Vantage. This is what you need to know;
- 4.7-litre V8 pumping out 440 hp
- Power sent through either a Sportshift II seven-speed automated manual or a six-speed manual
- Limited-slip diff
- 0 to 100km/h in 4.5 seconds
- 100kg weight saving thanks to carbonfibre parts, including sports seats, door panels and roof as well as a titanium centre-mounted exhaust and polycarbonate rear side windows and windscreen.
- 150 units will be produced with starting price tag of £165,000
Just like the G12, the GT8 gets a number of visual tweaks, which bring it closer in line to its racing cousins. The main paint shade is offset by gloss black lower valances and sills and black borders to the rear lamps, and these details are offset further by brightly-coloured accents like those on the racer optionally available under the ‘Vantage GT8 halo paint scheme’.
An optional aero pack can add further aggression to the squat shape, with a rear wing and extended front corner splitters (this should not be optional). Inside there is some Alcantara on the steering wheel, magnesium paddle shifters, GT8-branded headrests and sill plates and a special GT8 colour palette.