Just as we see the new Porsche 718 Cayman unveiled, the press release for the second-gen Audi TT RS arrives in the mailbox. It has been unveiled in both Coupe and Roadster forms and will be shown at the Beijing Motor Show with sales starting in October. What you need to know;
- New turbocharged 2.5-litre five-cylinder packs 395 horses
- 0 to 100 km/h time of 3.7 seconds (0.4s quicker then old TT RS Plus)
- Roadster weighs 90kg more so the sprint time is 3.9 seconds
- Top speed for both is 250 km/h (limited)
- 7-speed dual clutch auto gearbox – launch control software included
- Chassis is lowered by 10mm over standard TT
Further changes include stiffer springs and dampers and standard 19in alloy wheels.With a kerb weight of 1440kg, the Coupé weighs 1440kg, while the new Roadster tips the scales at 1530kg, due to added structural reinforcement.
Styling tweaks include new bumpers front and rear, wider door sills, deeper air intakes at the front end, oval exhaust pipes and a large rear fixed spoiler, although buyers can opt for a more subtle extendable spoiler. Also available are optional OLED (organic light emitting diode) tail-lights each consisting of four elements, the largest of which features the TT logo and Audi’s four-ring emblem.