The reveal is tomorrow but Lamborghini has released all the information and some exclusive pics of their highly anticipated Huracan Performante. As we like to do, let’s sum of the new machine from Sant’Agata Bolognese.
- Nurburgring Lap Record time of 6min 52.01sec
- 631 horsepower 5.2-litre V10 (most powerful engine of it’s type by Lamborghini)
- 0 to 100km/h takes just 2.9 seconds and will go on to 325km/h
- Dry weight of 1382kg gives it a power-to-weight ratio of 464 hp per tonne
- Engine has an “optimised” torque curve, with 70% of torque available at just 1000rpm
- 7-speed dual-clutch transmission also “optimised in order to match the increased performance”
- Uses a new, ultra-lightweight forged carbonfibre composite material – patented by Lambo
- New material used for active aerodynamic elements
- Rear-wing (including air ducts and flaps) made from a single piece of forged carbon
- Flaps close for max downforce and open for max air-flow
- Rear wing also features an inner air channel to allow aero vectoring for high-speed cornering
- The wing gives the Performante 750% more downforce than ‘standard’ Huracan
- Flaps inside the front spoiler close when the active aerodynamic system is off and then open when it is on
- Haldex permanent four-wheel drive system
- Mechanical self-locking rear differential
- Specially developed Pirelli P Zero Corsa tyres have been designed
- High-performance track tyre, the Pirelli Trofeo R, with street homologation is also an option
Lamborghini boss Stefano Domenicali said: This new car represents the powerhouse of Lamborghini DNA and innovation and a 360deg approach to creating class-leading super-sports cars. It illustrates the pinnacle of Lamborghini V10 production car performance to date, on both track and road, and is perfectly exemplified by its name.”
This car looks absolutely sublime and I cannot wait to see it touchdown in South Africa!
The car goes on sale in the summer. It will cost EUR 195,040.00 (suggested retail price taxes excluded) and there will be no limits on production volume.