Here Is Some New Porsche 991 GT2 RS Info
The team from Total911 were given exclusive access to the new Porsche 911 991 GT2 RS aka the “widowmaker” and this is what they learned.
- Powered by a 3.8-litre block as opposed to the 4.0-litre
- Twin-turbochargers make up for smaller capacity
- It is a revised version found in the Turbo S
- It pumps out around 650 horses and over 730 Nm of torque
- No manual gearbox will be offered
- Rear-wheel drive
- Rose-joints mean chassis is very stiff
- Upside-down damper setup with revised spring rates makes it most extreme road car
- Car weighs less than 1,500kg
- Rear-axle steering with ceramic brakes as standard
- Optional Weissach pack replaces magnesium roof panel with carbon roof for a weight saving of 30 kg
- Nurburgring laptime not official bout could be 7 minutes flat
A couple of these units will hit the used market for a substantial sum no doubt.