The team from Total911 were given exclusive access to the new Porsche 911 991 GT2 RS aka the “widowmaker” and this is what they learned.
- Powered by a 3.8-litre block as opposed to the 4.0-litre
- Twin-turbochargers make up for smaller capacity
- It is a revised version found in the Turbo S
- It pumps out around 650 horses and over 730 Nm of torque
- No manual gearbox will be offered
- Rear-wheel drive
- Rose-joints mean chassis is very stiff
- Upside-down damper setup with revised spring rates makes it most extreme road car
- Car weighs less than 1,500kg
- Rear-axle steering with ceramic brakes as standard
- Optional Weissach pack replaces magnesium roof panel with carbon roof for a weight saving of 30 kg
- Nurburgring laptime not official bout could be 7 minutes flat
A couple of these units will hit the used market for a substantial sum no doubt.