It was inevitable that the drop-top version of the limited 675LT was going to be produced and now we have the official information and pics of the British beast. Just like the Coupe version, the 675LT Spider is limited to 500 examples worldwide, which is not that many considering how strong customer demand has been for this model since the launch early this year. They are calling it the “most focused, fastest and exhilarating open top model to ever wear a McLaren badge” which is pretty obvious considering it shares the same characteristics as the Coupe.
- Prices start at $372,600
- 666 horsepower and 700 Nm of torque
- 0 to 100 km/h in 2.9 seconds
- Fastest accelerating car in it’s class (on paper)
- 100kg lighter than the 650S Spider (40kg heavier than 675LT Coupe)
- Two wheel options available: a new 20-spoke design which comes in both liquid metal and diamond cut finishes, as well as the 5-spoke design which we first saw on the Coupe.
- Exterior colours are limited to your imagination but the standard colours include; Silica White, Delta Red, Napier Green and Chicane Grey but this deep golden Solis color was developed only for the open-top Spider model.
First deliveries will take place next year and we are getting two of these in South Africa.